Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Turkey Burgers

I need a break from chicken recipes. Instead I'm bringing you turkey burgers. I know, turkey burgers aren't super exciting. But I really do love these! With the right spices, they are so tasty, and the egg helps add moisture, so you don't have the usual dry turkey burger. And they are perfect for purees--this is the one recipe I've had success using beans (I usually do navy, garbanzo, or great northern beans). Usually I add beans and then choose from squash, sweet potatoes or carrots. If you do choose to add purees, omit the egg--it will be too moist. I really like using the Oroweat's Sandwich Thins for buns (we spread a thin layer of butter on and grill them as well), and they're fabulous with the Garlic Pepper Oven Fries.

Printable Recipe

Turkey Burgers


1 egg
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
20 oz 93% lean ground turkey


Mix the egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and thyme in a bowl.

Add the ground turkey; lightly mix to combine.

Divide the mixture into portions.

Working with one portion at a time, toss the meat from hand to hand to form a ball.

With your fingertips, lightly flatten each ball into a patty.

Cook as desired. (We use our George Foreman grill.)

Makes 5-8 burgers (depending on size)

Serve with: Fries, Carrot sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment