Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fluffy Pancakes

Pancakes are one of my absolute favorite breakfast foods, and I love it when they're tall and fluffy. But I've always had trouble getting them just right. We've tried several different recipes that have been pretty good, but this one had 5 stars and almost 4,000 reviews, so I figured it must be pretty good. It definitely lived up to it's name of "Fluffy Pancakes." They didn't take a lot of work, but I think in the future I'm going to try buttermilk instead of the soured milk, just to see if there's any difference in taste. If you have a smaller family, you can cut this recipe in half, but this barely fed three boys and I even without my husband home.

Printable Recipe

Fluffy Pancakes 


1-1/2 cups milk
4 tablespoons white vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
4 tablespoons butter, melted


Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.

Whisk eggs and butter into "soured" milk.

Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.

Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.

Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.


Makes 16 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment