Sunday, July 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Fudge Iced Brownies

I've had the recipe for this old-fashioned peanut butter icing stored away for awhile and finally got around to making it. It's probably good I waited, since I keep sneaking in and cutting off a piece of brownie when no one's looking. One of my boys even declared it as "the best brownie I've ever had." Should I be offended that I took the quick way out and made a boxed mix instead of making some of my other amazing brownies? This one is the best? Technically it's more about the icing, so I can accept that.

Printable Recipe


Peanut Butter Fudge Iced Brownies
from Southern Plate
 



1 box brownie mix, prepared according to package directions (or your favorite recipe)
1-1/2 cups sugar
7 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons shortening
2 tablespoons margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter


Prepare brownies according to package directions and allow to cool completely before beginning icing.

In heavy saucepan combine the sugar, milk, shortening, margarine, and salt.

Bring to a rolling boil while stirring constantly.

Once it reaches a rolling boil, stop stirring and let boil for two minutes.

Remove from heat and quickly stir in the vanilla and peanut butter.

Beat until smooth and quickly spread over the brownies.

Allow to cool completely and then serve.

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I am going to have to try this sometime. P.S. I love that you have a printable recipe link. That is so convenient. :)

    ReplyDelete