Monday, July 23, 2012

Red Pepper Chicken

This is another one of those "trust me" recipes. We got this from my brother-in-law Carlos, and I can't quite remember if it's one he made up or something that they eat in Chile (or Cuba--sorry, family joke but I couldn't help it). I think it's the latter--but Chile, not Cuba. Oh my, I'm off to a rough start. Anyway, we didn't really have a name for this, so I always called it Pulverized Chicken, which isn't the most appetizing name. And the picture doesn't make it look so great either, but it really, really is! Again, trust me. We either put it on warm French bread, as pictured, or it's great as a dip with Club crackers, or you can make it a regular sandwich. So yummy! Even my boys, who proclaim every time they see a red pepper that they HATE peppers, will eat this. And bonus that it's pretty easy. With the mayonnaise, I'm totally guessing on the quantity. I never measure, just add until it's a creamy consistency like the picture.

Printable Recipe

Red Pepper Chicken


1 red pepper
2 large boneless chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
1/2 cup mayonnaise (maybe more)
Salt to taste


Cut red pepper in half. Remove seeds and stem.

Place chicken in a pot of water. Boil until almost cooked through, then add pepper to boiling water.

Continue boiling until pepper is soft.

Drain water; roughly chop chicken and pepper.

Place into food processor and process until everything is finely chopped.

Add mayonnaise and salt, and process again. Add more of each as needed for taste.

Serve on French bread, with crackers, or as a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment