Friday, May 18, 2012

Elegant Chicken

And so the feud continues. As I said yesterday, Elegant Chicken is my favorite. I'm going to say that Anthony probably prefers the Bacon Ranch Slowcooker Chicken simply because he's had Elegant Chicken so many more times. Because truly, this one is the better choice.

I'm adding this warning though--DO NOT use low-fat cream cheese. Yes, we all want to save calories where we can. This is not the place. I thought I had regular cream cheese in the fridge, but we'd run out, so I tried to substitute. Ugh. Nowhere near the flavor it should have. Trust me on this one.

Printable Recipe


Elegant Chicken


2-3 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
1 pkg. dry Italian Seasonings Dressing Mix
1 can cream of chicken soup (you can do cream of mushroom, but I think chicken is so much better)
8 oz. cream cheese
Noodles (Fettucine, Linguine, Egg Noodles, or may also be served over rice)


Place chicken and butter in crock pot.

Sprinkle with seasoning mix.

Cook on low until tender, about 4 hours.

Shred chicken and return to crock pot.

Add soup and cream cheese and mix well.

Cook half an hour more.

While sauce is finishing, prepare noodles (or rice) according to package.

Serve immediately.


The sauce can be made ahead of time and frozen for a quick freezer meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment