Friday, February 24, 2012

Chile Chicken Enchiladas

Once again, this is a recipe I've been making for years. It originally came off a free recipe card from Meijer. Hmm, I guess I don't have a whole lot to say about this one. But that doesn't mean I love it any less than the others. So, enjoy!



Chile Chicken Enchiladas


Prep Time: 20 Minutes, Total Time: 1 Hour

1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce, any variety (I use mild Old El Paso)
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz.)
1 cup sour cream
1 red pepper, sliced and sauteed in olive oil
1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chiles
8 flour tortillas (Burrito-size)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
If desired, chopped avocado


Heat oven to 350°F.

Spread 1 Tbsp. enchilada sauce over each tortilla.

In medium bowl, mix chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, red pepper and chiles.

Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla.

Roll up tortillas; arrange, seam side down, in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.

Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.


At this point, you can cover with foil and freeze for later, or you can cook right away.


Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.

Bake 35 min.

Remove foil; bake 5-10 min longer or until hot and cheese is melted.

If desired, top with avocado, lettuce, chopped tomato and additional sour cream.

Makes 8 servings.

Serve with: Spanish Rice, Refried beans

4 comments:

  1. I remember this one from our roommate days. I think you would get mad because I liked it too much and ate way too much so you wouldn't have enough for leftovers. Just saying how good it was!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just get mad at Anthony for the same thing. :) So I eat all the Sesame chicken to get even.

      Delete
  2. I'm making this tonight Laura... it had BETTER be good!! :)

    ReplyDelete