Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

I was so impressed with this recipe. I was completely expecting it to not turn out--it sounds way too healthy to possibly be good. But oh my! It definitely did not taste like chickpeas. I liked it as is, my husband preferred it chilled, the boys loved it either way. My only change was that I used oatmeal instead of flax seed, just because I ran out of flax seed and forgot to get more. We will definitely be making this again!

Printable Recipe

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
from Green Lite Bites


1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/8 tsp of salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
2 tbsp honey
2-3 tbsp of oats or whole roasted flax seeds, ground
About 1/4 cup of milk
3 tbsp mini chocolate chips

Put the chickpeas, salt, vanilla, peanut butter, honey and oats or flax seeds in the food processor.

Turn on and drizzle the milk in a little at a time. I used the whole 1/4 cup.

Once smooth, fold in the chips. Reserve some to sprinkle on top.

Serve with graham crackers.

1 comment:

  1. SO JEALOUS! P.S. I would totally use oat meal instead of flax seed anyway. Flax seed is gross.

    ReplyDelete