Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stuffed Pork Chops

Love this recipe! When I was a freshman in college, I joined a club where I received recipe cards through the mail. Kind of like the old BMG music club where you bought 1 cd and received 12 free. Should I admit that I joined that one too? No? Moving on. A lot of recipes that are still my favorites all these years later have come from these cards. So quit laughing--it was a good investment! This one is my favorite way to make pork chops. And with my grandma's scalloped potatoes, forget about it!

Printable Recipe
 
Stuffed Pork Chops

4 (1-1/2 inch thick) boneless pork chops
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped mushrooms 
1/4 tsp. dried sage
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. water

Preheat oven to 350.

Trim fat from pork chops. Cut a 2-inch pocket in each chop.

Sprinkle inside of each pocket with salt and pepper; set aside.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.

Add onion and mushrooms; saute until tender. Remove from heat.

Stir in sage, salt, pepper and bread crumbs.

Add enough water to moisten and hold stuffing together. Spoon stuffing into pockets.

Secure pockets with kitchen twine or toothpicks; place chops in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 min.

Remove foil; bake for another 20 min. or until tender.


Makes 4 servings.

Serve with: Scalloped potatoes, Green Beans

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha...you were a nerd who got recipe cards in the mail every month. Let's not even mention BMG... j/k.

    ReplyDelete