Thursday, February 23, 2012

Scalloped Potatoes

These are the potatoes that we had for holiday dinners at my grandparents when I was growing up. They were my favorite part of the meal, so when I was away at college, I begged my grandmother for the recipe. They were a little piece of home. I still love to make them, especially with the Stuffed Pork Chops from yesterday.


Printable Recipe

Scalloped Potatoes



6-8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
Salt & Pepper
4 Tbsp. butter, divided
4 Tbsp. flour, divided
2 cups milk, divided


Make a layer with half of the potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Dot with 2 Tbsp. butter, sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of flour, and add one cup of milk.

Layer again in same order.

Bake at 350 until potatoes are tender and top is brown, about 1 hour.

2 comments:

  1. ok so i'm actually going to make this meal for sunday. i'm super excited! i really like how you put side suggestions with the main dish because i'm sooo bad at thinking of sides. usually i just have the main dish and bread.. no matter what it is.... and water... cause water is free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! I've been planning on making it again for awhile, but I can never find the right size pork chops up here. Ridiculous. The potatoes are kind of like your mom's recipe, but they have a little different taste--I think it's the Milnot. I love both of them, just this is the one I grew up with. You know how it is. :) Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete