Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chicken and Biscuits Casserole

Another one of our favorites. I've changed this recipe around from its original (which was in a random church cookbook) to include more vegetables because it was just frozen peas. Feel free to add whatever you want. I always have to double it to have enough for everyone, so I'm putting those measurements. If you feel like this will be too much, just half the Cream of Chicken, sour cream, milk, spices and the biscuit topping. Everything else can stay the same and be fine. I've never actually used the dried onion flakes because I can never find them at the store, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. I'm sure it's fine either way. And don't try to substitute refrigerated biscuits instead of making them. They don't cook right, and it's not worth it. If I make this as a freezer meal, I mix the ingredients together, but I don't heat it up. I start from there after I've thawed it, and then you just have to make the biscuit dough. And don't mind the picture. We usually eat it in a bowl, so I don't know what I was thinking by putting it on a plate.

This is a great one to use Rotisserie Chicken.

Printable Recipe

Chicken and Biscuits Casserole



1 pkg. frozen peas and carrots
1 can corn, drained
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. dried onion flakes
1 1/4 cups grated Cheddar cheese
4 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
1 cup cold water


Heat peas and carrots, corn, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, onion, salt and pepper just to boiling in saucepan, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; keep warm.

Mix baking mix and water; beat 20 strokes.

Pour chicken mixture into 13 x 9 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Using heaping tablespoon, place biscuits on cheese.

Cook uncovered at 350 until biscuits are brown, about 20 minutes.

Makes 6 servings.

2 comments: