Thursday, April 26, 2012

Creamy Chicken Casserole

Disclaimer: I know when you look at these ingredients, it probably sounds kind of odd. I don't even know why I tried this recipe in the first place. You know how sometimes you save a recipe because, at the time, it sounds great, and then you come across it later and wonder what you were thinking when you saved it? I think this one made the cut just because I made it right away instead of filing it away. And I'm glad I did because it's actually really, really, really good. I have to double it just to make enough because we like it so much. When I double it, I actually make 5 cups of rice, use between 2 and 3 cups of chicken, and 5 eggs. Everything else is doubled. I've been leaving out the onions for the last few years, and I like it better without them.

I love using Rotisserie Chicken with this because it cuts out a lot of the prep time. It's also great to make the main part of the casserole ahead of time and put it in the fridge. Then you can add the corn flake topping and throw it in the oven when you're ready for dinner.

Printable Recipe

Creamy Chicken Casserole 



2 cups cooked rice
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup corn flakes
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted


Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix rice, chicken, soup, mayonnaise, eggs, onions and salt.

Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole dish (2-1/2 qt if doubling);

Mix corn flakes and melted butter. Place on top of casserole.

Bake 35 to 40 min. or until heated through and corn flakes are browned.

Makes 6 servings.

Serve with: Broccoli & Cheese, Peas, or Mixed Vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment