Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Creamy Fruit Salad


I was looking for something a little lighter to go with our Easter meal, and I came across this fruit salad. Okay, so the container of sour cream probably defeated the purpose, but it's a long time before we have a big holiday meal again, so I let it slide. It's only 110 calories per serving, and that was doable. And yes, I did say sour cream on fruit salad. I was a little wary at first, but I've tried a few other dessert recipes that used sour cream, and they've all turned out well. Mixing it with the fruit gave the sour cream a completely different flavor. At least to me, it didn't seem tangy at all, but it took on the sweeter flavor of the fruit. I did leave out the coconut just because we were already having coconut cake, and I didn't want to overdo it. I don't think it was refrigerated for more than an hour, either. I guess I missed that step.

Printable Recipe

 Creamy Fruit Salad 



2 cups seedless red grapes

1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges, drained

banana, sliced

1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained

1 cup miniature marshmallows

1 container (8 oz.) sour cream

1/4 cup coconut flakes, toasted


Mix all ingredients except coconut; cover.
Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
Sprinkle with coconut just before serving.

Makes 10 servings, 1/2-cup each

No comments:

Post a Comment