Friday, March 2, 2012

Multigrain Bread

I'm just going to post the link for this recipe because the pictures that went along with it, at Our Best Bites, were very helpful, especially when I was mixing the dough. (I did make a new copy of the recipe for you to print off, though. Their version is very difficult to read.) I think I've been adding too much flour all along to other recipes because my dough is always a lot drier. I ended up adding another half cup of warm water after I let it rest for the first 20 minutes because it didn't look like the pictures. Sure glad I did. The bread turned out really well! We had a little mishap with the oven--someone turned it off, but neither of us thinks we did it--which made the top deflate a little. Please disregard the sad-looking bread in the picture. It really did taste wonderful!

I couldn't find the 7-grain cereal at the Commissary, so I ordered some from Amazon. They had the Bob's Red Mill cereal--4 packs for about $9.00. And you can make about 8 loaves per bag of cereal, so it seems like a pretty good deal!

Printable Recipe

Printable Recipe 2 (I took out the seeds and the oats--the oats just fall off when I make it, so I'm not going to bother anymore--and that way I could get it to print on one page instead of two.)

Multigrain Bread


No comments:

Post a Comment