Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

After making another pumpkin recipe, I had an extra cup of pumpkin that I couldn't figure out how to use. A quick search brought up this recipe. Originally, she used regular chocolate chips, but we've been using chunks lately, and they seemed to give the muffins just the amount of chocolate they needed. She also used 1/3 cup of applesauce instead of oil, but I was all out, so that's your call. I sent a few muffins with Anthony to work, and the reactions from the guys ranged from swearing (in a good way, if that's possible) to an offer from one to divorce his wife and move in with us. I think this recipe is a keeper.

Printable Recipe

 Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
 

1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1-1/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins.

Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

Stir into pumpkin mixture until well mixed.

Add chocolate chips, and stir to combine.

Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.

Bake 20-25 minutes.

Allow to cool in the pan for two minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to finish cooling.

Makes 1 1/2 dozen muffins.

1 comment:

  1. I'll divorce my wife and move in with you too...oh wait. I just want some of those muffins.

    ReplyDelete